Friday, December 23, 2005
On this day:

nail files

My cellphone rang earlier today and I heard the lady (clearly asian, maybe chinese or korean) on the other line say "Hi, Cherry. It's Katie's neighbour here". I thought that was peculiar as I AM Katie's neighbour (Katie, being the english lady next door who I spoke to the night before when Cerise and I delivered our christmas present to her and her family) so I had to ask the caller to repeat herself while I wasted no time walking to the kitchen to look over Katie's house. The caller obliged and I could swear I heard her say again, "It's Katie's neighbour". I didn't want her to think I was both stupid and deaf so I thought it was best to acknowledge that she was indeed Katie's neighbour. At that very instant, I remembered that Katie DOES have an asian (possibly chinese or korean) neighbour just behind her house. Within three seconds my mind said "oh, okay it must be that asian neighbour of Katie who loves to garden, I understand, and why would she be calling me if not for an emergency... oh my gosh this can't be good... Is Katie's house on fire or is there a burglar....but wait, how did she know my name, let alone my cell phone number? This must be reeealllllly bad..." At this point, the next thing I heard from the caller was "You have an appoitment at 8:00 tonight?". I felt myself stop breathing as I turned from panic-stricken to totally confused. What she just said didn't make sense... yet she was absolutely right... I did have an 8:00 appointment... to get my nails done! And then it clicked... the caller was not Katie's neighbour but rather one of the korean ladies from the place where I get my nails done called, Cutix Nailbar (pronounced by the caller as ktis neyba).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe!

1:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home