I have a new fix.
It's THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY by Marian Keyes.
On Friday there was no stopping me from buying a much-needed warm, snappy and feel-good book. That meant browsing through the fiction shelves. A daunting thought (I'm a non-fiction reader). Normally, I'd rely heavily on the popularity of the author or book reviews. But seeing that I don't really know anymore who writes these days and haven't had the time for book reviews nor am I updated with Oprah's Book Club since Sex & The City wrapped up, I had to trust my gut instincts. And to make life easier, I narrowed down my choices by only considering those with the "Top 100" sticker.
Marian Keyes. Never heard of her. Maybe I should have but oh well.
Even when I've succeeded to focus on one author only, the task at hand remained to be herculian. Plenty to choose from, all seemingly capable of rescuing me from my "lifeless" state.
My gust instincts did not let me down. The book is so good and funny I've traded my sunday retail and manicure therapy for it! I haven't finished it yet. And it's funny how I can't wait to get to the end and yet I worry that I'm half way through already.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home