Wednesday, November 14, 2007
On this day:

The Family That Plays Together Stays Together

I'm listening to Mika right now... "Life in Cartoon Motion"... my favourite album these days. Love it! And I like his videos. Cerise is a fan too. She's memorized many of the songs already.

I'm listening to Mika on my Ipod Nano... a birthday present from the hubby. I am secretly embarrassed that I now carry with me an Ipod, earplugs in my ears... while I'm on the train and when walking down the street. I know people have been doing so for ages but I had always thought it to be a ridiculous fad that would go away. Of course, it hasn't. If anything, the Ipod fever is getting hotter. I'm finding that it does make a difference when you listen to music during the boring trip to and from work. In fact, I now walk to the beat of the music! And my 8 minute train trip suddenly seems a lot quicker. However, it does worry me that I might get ran over by a truck since I can't quite hear my surroundings. The amazing Ipod Nano has also changed the way I do household chores. I find that with music in my ears, I accomplish more in less time and the work load seems a lot lighter! Even blogging this very moment... yes, you guessed it.. while listening to my teeny-weeny silver Ipod Nano... seems to be more exciting. Strange.

I'm actually listening to Mica in order to get away from Wii Sports which the hubby got last weekend. And believe it or not but I am actually addicted. I could play for hours. Til midnight in the last two nights. I'd even fight with Cerise for MY turn. Tennis and bowling - I'm quite good at. Golf - I'm improving. Baseball - I suck. And oh my arms... they're really sore. I know... my life is so sad.

There is also the Nintendo DS to turn to in moments of physical exhaustion... a birthday present for Cerise. It's probably feeling a little jealous since the arrival of Wii in this household. Hmmm... I just remembered... must get back into it and improve my brain age of 52! Or was that my fitness age in Wii Sports? Geez... it can get confusing.

It's insane how the household had succumbed to all these toys and gizmos. I suppose I could blame it on the purchase of the Tamagotchi. First, there was one. And then there were two. Cheeky Cerise... she successfully persuaded Daddy to get her another one when I wasn't around, saying she wanted to get it for Mummy. She even picked a green Tamagotchi as she knows it's my favourite colour. As if! Seriously, I don't really like digital pets. I think that's what a Tamagotchi is anway. And their constant bleeping is doing my head in. Needless to say, I haven't warmed up to them and probably never will.

1 Comments:

Blogger missy said...

But Tamagotchis are soo cute. I named mine Noodles!

Just kidding. I don't own one and if I did it will probably be in virtual pet heaven by now from lack of food and attention.

Happy Christmas xx

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home