Monday, August 21, 2006
On this day:

6 pointed stars and a ball

Jealous that Daddy was handing down to Cerise lessons in playing chess, I didn't want to be outdone and went on to introduce the game of jackstones.



Sure, it doesn't possess the reputation of chess, deemed to be the sort of game that develops strategic thinking and tactical maneuvering, critical in business decision-making and in life for that matter. But the game of jackstones is fast paced, dynamic and packed with action, it sure is a whole lot of fun! It was a favourite past time during my childhood (we even had tournaments for it) and one that I don't want Cerise to miss out on.



I couldn't really teach her much as my lesson plan was highly dependent on the poor condition of my memory bank. But she got the idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger missy said...

Awww... brings back many memories of recess spent at the back of the classroom, playing the game.

It's good that you teach her that as it's good for fine motor development and dexterity which is as important as thinking skills in chess ;-)

5:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home