do you mind? game
I have not seen Cerise play the chess since I got back from Oz. She had started learning this mental sport from Dad and was loving her giant board and chess pieces... and beating me, but I'm told that she's now grown fond of playing it online, and playing it better. Well, I think it's Dad who enjoys it more coz then he wouldn't have to sit and play with her as much.

Not in the picture: me, the opponent

Not in the picture: Daddy, the coach

Not in the picture (thankfully): me, the loser.

DID YOU KNOW?...
Many countries claim to have invented chess in some incipient form. The most commonly held view is that chess originated in India, since the Arabic, Persian, Greek, Portuguese and Spanish words for chess are all derived from the Sanskrit game Chaturanga. In addition, in the past only India had all three animals, horse, camel and elephant, in its cavalry, which represent knight, bishop and rook in chess. The present version of chess played throughout the world ultimately derives from a version of Chaturanga that was played in India around the 6th century CE.
Many countries claim to have invented chess in some incipient form. The most commonly held view is that chess originated in India, since the Arabic, Persian, Greek, Portuguese and Spanish words for chess are all derived from the Sanskrit game Chaturanga. In addition, in the past only India had all three animals, horse, camel and elephant, in its cavalry, which represent knight, bishop and rook in chess. The present version of chess played throughout the world ultimately derives from a version of Chaturanga that was played in India around the 6th century CE.


2 Comments:
I envy that giant chess board! I LOVE playing chess! I was a freshman when I joined the chess competition and won 1st place in the HS girls division. Sarap ng feeling! But of course, I have no more practice now. Cerise might be a better player than me :) I will teach Aaron the game and maybe someday he and Cerise can have a match :)
I love chess, too. I used to play when I was in high school then I stopped for many, many years. Now, I play online in a website called gameknot.com... Edwin might be interested in that!
Where did you get the giant chess board? I want one :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home