Tuesday, August 08, 2006
On this day:

mission accomplished

Eight days of catching trains and walking around Sydney, in heels...

Seven days of blow drying my hair mercilessly all in the name of corporate look...

Six days of meeting with recruitment agents and employers...

Five days of enjoying the sun, out and about without having to wear my winter/trench coat...

One entire morning of frantic phone calls and emails with 8 people, non-stop pacing around my notebook, drinking coffee and forgetting lunch, and 8 million little prayers as I picked one out of 3 job offers...

And then serenity. One deep breathe. At 1300 hours, I made the choice of accepting the role of Business Developmet Executive for Haymarket Media.

This was the one interview I nearly cancelled just because I didn't think it would be of any interest to me. I was getting exhausted by that stage and thought it could all be a waste of MY time. Surprisingly though, I was feeling GREAT on my way to the meeting, I remember the sensation similar to floating and thought how weird that was. In retrospect, I realise that the manner in which EVERYTHING unfolded from 4 weeks ago, and even from April, did so for this very conclusion. A friend emailed me just before I left NZ, "if that’s where you are meant to be, the doors will open and if not, they will close firmly. The Lord goes before you and knows what is the best path for you and your family." This I kept in my heart from the moment I boarded the plane and will continue to remind myself of it as we make our move to our new home... Sydney, Australia.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cherry, Just read your updated blog on your sydney mission. I'm very happy for you and your success, but i am actually more on the sad side. I won't get to see you everytime i will come to Auck. All the best with your new job and your new home. At least i have a friend now to visit in sydney...

7:08 am  
Blogger missy said...

So excited for you, Chai!! xx

11:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Purchase fioricet diet pill Viagra for sale in the uk buy online viagra viagra fosamax and evista comparison http://www.discount-bontril.info/cellulite_lotion.html chinese herbal viagra Million bell flower White pussy big dick Vermont wardsboro laser tatoo removal chubby mature lingerie xxl tits St kitts marriott resort viagra and lotrel buy viagra with online check How to choose mp3 player List of prescriptions for gerd or anti ulcer Sale porsche 1988 911

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! sex6porn pornstars http://www.receptionofficefurniture.info/Mattresses.html cheap mattresses Lickalotapuss amateur webcam Phentermine 2 xenical 4 diet pills com free milf pic milf hunter + lita video full Netrogena cellulite cream No prescription topamax Anadrol propecia

6:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home