loads of fun and amusement
Work hard. Play hard.
... one of those things I hope for Cerise to learn to do growing up.
The last two weeks kept us busy going to the cinema, kids fair, play dates, golfing, swimming, and rock climbing. Over the Hedge was alright but it still doesn't beat:
Toy Story
Bug's Life
Shrek
Monster's Inc
Superman Returns... or does he? There was really nothing spectacular about the movie, much to my disappointment. I mean come on, it had been what?... two decades?... since the Man of Steel left a lasting impression on me and all they could come up now is for Superman to have a biological son(Superboy???), a secret only known to him and the mother, Lois (typical), while the rest of the movie centered on the same story of bad guys attempting to kill Superman with kryptonite blah blah blah yada yada yada. To me, the movie didn't live up to its title. If anything, the movie represented the end of an era. The Superhero that I knew is long gone. Left me wondering too whether or not the role would still be Christopher Reeve's had he been alive and physically able today. And if so, would I have been more kind with my comments on the movie?
Curious George... well, suffice it to say that this is the first kids movie in a long time that made me doze off.
My first set of swimming lessons went well. I've graduated from basic swimming class and will soon move to ADVANCED swimming class. Now THAT is quite an achievement for me. Pretty soon, I just might take rock climbing more seriously. I never realised how much exhilaration you can get doing it. Okay, so I didn't actually climb. I pulled the rope for Cerise and my niece Karla to support them while THEY did the climbing. But hey, pulling that rope was harder than it looked. Besides, I had to make them guinea pigs first. I must say they have motivated me indeed. Heck, if Cerise can do it, so can I!
I have gained a little more understanding of the sport called golf and its rules. It is pretty cool now that I know more about it than just putting balls into holes. But am I really the kind of person who would get up in the morning and say "I wanna put some balls into holes today! Walk around for miles in the heat, bend over to retrieve balls and burn my already tanned skin"? Don't think so. I'm sticking to indoor putting.
In between all these, I managed to finish reading Memoirs of a Geisha which I found substandard really. The style of writing was tiresome what with the endless analogies. I'm now keen to see the movie hoping that it is waaaaay better.
Come Monday, Cerise goes back to serious work... school. I, on the other hand, have some SERIOUS career plotting and future planning to do.


2 Comments:
Look who has been busy! Speaking of "tanned skins," someone (a caucasian American) I haven't seen for awhile said, "Hey, look at you... you've got great tan!"
I said, "Err... I'm brown."
I hate small talks.
Where did you find it? Interesting read hot naked milfs free black jack game voip Extremerage backpacks Dragon casino seattle Free cheapest meridia online Cheapest online pharmacy for meridia Home window security lock International hockey cup http://www.clinton-cosmetic-dentistry.info Ca department of revenue travel mexico Vicodin and drug tests cheap moving companies various internet marketing Harrisdracon door phone controller facial liposuction
Post a Comment
<< Home