g'day mate! (australian accent: gi die might)
Well well well... this blog needs some serious updating, now that the family is gearing up to move to Australia, for good by the looks of it. For one, Aussies are certainly not outnumbered by sheep. Outnumbered by kangaroos maybe? Koala bears? Nah! The text for my link to news and current affairs is no longer relevant so that will have to go as well. Sheep don't make the headlines in Australia... not even kangaroos or koala bears. The passing away of Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, does though. And with the death of Peter Brock within days since, an Aussie workmate of mine is rather shaken and fears that Dick Smith might die next. There's even a bet going around on who among Australian legends will follow suit. Among the nominated are Olivia Newton John and John Howard. And because both Mr. Irwin and Mr. Brock died doing the very thing that made them icons, my British workmates are not to be outdone and suggest that Jamie Oliver, the famous British chef, will have to die in his frying pan or something like that. I know I know... making jokes like these is mean and inappropriate. But it's all just good fun. Two weeks into the job and already I realize that at Haymarket, they work hard; they play hard. Anyhow, I'm struggling to pick which one between The Australian and The Sydney Morning Herald should replace the link to The New Zealand Herald. I must admit though that I haven't been reading the news since I arrived 18 days ago. Does checking the local weather daily count? And keeping myself posted with The Australian Idol? Oh, and my list of favourite clothes shops requires some tweaking too. Hmmm... it appears there's a lot of work to do here. I might as well aim for an extreme make-over. I should mention that the name "the not so secret life of us" was in fact inspired by the Australian TV series "The Secret Life of Us". So it makes sense to stick with it.


1 Comments:
Defo keep the name of the blog! My blog just had a make-over just in time for my first birthday! I even got 20,000 hits since I joined sitemetre last January!
missy xx
Post a Comment
<< Home