Blue
It just dawned on me today that I don't have friends here in Australia. What a depressing realization! I figured this could very well be one of the reasons why I've been so stressed and uptight in the last... 20 months! Sure I have Edwin and Cerise and they're my world, my life. Sure I have work but that's work. Sure there's the lot of Filipino family friends. But I haven't been getting my dose of girl talk when you just gossip and giggle and vent and chat about the highlights of the day or of the month or the challenges of parenthood, marriage, work, life in general; no girls day out; no brunches or coffee; no shopping trips or day at the spa; no one to compare fashion statement with; no mother-friend to go to parks with; no "partners in crime"; no one to team up with me in getting fit and healthy or getting on top of my finances or in pursuing to be better at parenting; no sense of sisterhood and girl power going on; no baby-sitting; no phone calls about trivial matters that last for ages. I have not made conversations with any of the tenants in my buildings or any of the mothers at Cerise's school. I don't know anyone in my own suburb. I have not entertained in my apartment except for maybe two occasions. The move to Australia had stripped me of the kind of fun that one only gets in the company of girlfriends! It is quite sad. Maybe this is what Sydney does to you. It isolates you. Or maybe I foolishly let work take over my life... maybe it's just that time of the month... maybe I'm watching too much of Cashmere Mafia... or maybe I simply have to get around catching up with Laura.
:-(


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home