Saturday, October 07, 2006
On this day:

miss bliss miss

7 days of seventh heaven as hubby and daughter came to visit the homesick, lonely poor me. The weekend they arrived was long weekend, thanks to the Australian Labour Day. The Tuesday I went back to work wasn’t actually work day due to the all-day training course that sent me home much earlier than usual. It was my 31st birthday too. And while we didn’t manage to organize a special fine dining experience to celebrate it, the company of my two darlings over pizza was all I could ever want. I remember being over the moon that day, more by the fact that I was coming home to them after 5 weeks of not doing so, than it was my birthday. Being with them after hours for another two days sent a feeling of pure indulgence instead of a routine as it had been in the last 4 years. Never mind the late nights and the long walks around the city. We were all together, happy and content. Taking my first annual leave at Haymarket Media on Friday was so the right thing to do. The guilt that I carried when I filed my application on my 4th week in the job flew out of the window as we stepped out of the Create Your Bear shop where Lucy, the Euro Flower Girl Teddy Bear, was picked and designed by Cerise… a birthday present from me to her. She turns 6 today. Also, Cerise lost her two upper front teeth in the week they spent with me! A milestone I am pleased to have witnessed. Those same teeth were wiggly when I left New Zealand. It was as if they waited for Cerise and I to be together before they decided to fall out. It was the funniest thing. Cerise looks and sounds “different”, to say the least… and she knows it, hence, the issue of self-consciousness had to be addressed. It was the first time I heard her use the word ‘ugly’ and to refer to herself as that, was a matter not to be taken lightly.

Today is a happy day for it marks the 6th year since I gave birth to Cerise. Yet it is a sad day too for I find myself once again separated from Edwin and Cerise until I fly to NZ for Christmas. Here I am filling my hours with anything and everything there is to do, including blogging, as I await their phone call to report a safe trip. Initially torn between updating my blog and checking others’ blogs, I decided to write this post, if only to help me overcome the loneliness that fills the 4 corners of my bedroom. The longing for their scent and their cuddles is back almost immediately… even as we waved goodbye at the airport this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger missy said...

Such a beautiful post, Chai. It's good to hear that you had a good birthday with your own family xx

7:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home