Love Notes
Our morning routine: Daddy gets up early, prepares Cerise's school lunch, gets ready for work and leaves. Half an hour later, or an hour later if sleeping in is more appealing, Mummy gets up and prepares breakfast then gets herself ready for work and Cerise for school. Most mornings, Daddy doesn't get to speak to Cerise except to give her a goodbye-have-a-good-day-see-you-later kiss.
Last Thursday morning, Cerise and I got up to find a note from Daddy. Referring to Cerise's Piano Theory workbook, he wrote...

I discussed the task at hand with Cerise, a little annoyed that she didn't complete all of her work the night before. She insisted that Daddy was wrong because while the piano teacher ear marked the right hand page of the book, he ticked only the left hand page which meant that she had to complete that page only. I believed her. She decided she was going to write back to Daddy. I didn't think much of that comment and went on to tackle the daily challenge of getting out of the house on time.
Arriving home that night, I found Cerise's reply to Dad's letter. It said....
It made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Cerise's letter spelt ATTITUDE! Firstly, addressing her Dad by his first name was rather hostile I thought. And the entire message was plain and simple sarcasm! I see myself in her a lot of the time it's scary.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home